Jon Flynn, DMD, MDS
Periodontist in Chattanooga
Dr. Jon C. Flynn was raised in Tupelo, Mississippi. He graduated from Mississippi State University in 1993. He received his Doctorate from The University of Mississippi, School of Dentistry in 1997. He completed a General Practice Residency at the School of Dentistry in 1998. After working as a general dentist for a year, he attended The University of Tennessee, College of Dentistry where he received a Masters in Periodontology in 2002. Since that time, he has worked in private practice as a Periodontist. He and his wife moved to and opened their practice in Chattanooga in 2003. Dr. Flynn was awarded the status of Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology in 2004.
- Dean’s List, University of Mississippi School of Dentistry
- Awarded first place for a formal research protocol in the Billy M. Pennel Student Research Competition
- Awarded Best Table Clinic Graduate Programs, Mid-South Dental Congress
Dr. Flynn is a member of the following professional dental organizations:
- American Academy of Periodontology, Diplomate
- American Dental Association
- Tennessee Dental Association
- Chattanooga Area Dental Society
He has published research articles and has given multiple presentations on original research during his dental studies.
He continues to improve and further his knowledge and skills in the fields of Periodontology and Dental Implants by attending various continuing education seminars on a regular basis. He completed the Misch International Implant Institute program in Implant Prosthetics in 2005. In 2006, he completed a residency in conscious IV sedation at the University of Alabama, School of Dentistry. He completed training for LANAP and LAPIP laser therapy utilizing the Periolase MVP-7 in 2014. He is a member of a local Spears study club as well. He is pleased to bring the latest, most effective techniques in Periodontics and Dental Implants to the greater Chattanooga area.
Dr. Flynn is the proud father of two children, a daughter and a son. He enjoys hiking, reading, and travel.
Are you ready to smile with confidence again?
If you have any questions or to schedule an appointment with Drs. Jon Flynn and Monique Flynn:
- Call us at Tennessee Valley Periodontics Phone Number 423-893-0557.
- Fill out our Appointment Form.